Juan Cabas is a contemporary painter recognized as the “Body Brush”; characterized by innovatively using the technique of painting his works in acrylic by brushing his a on the canvas and without using any kind of brush.
Initiated his studies in LaSalle College Bogotá, in Graphic design, Animation and Computer multimedia and worked for several years with advertising agencies. He then started to study painting, between 1999 and 2004 with Professor Javier Diaz of the National University in Bogotá, Colombia. He later moved to the United States and between 2008 and 2012 studied painting and sculpture at The Art Student League of New York, which awarded him two scholarships for his unique creative style. He received his degree in 2012.
He has created his works in Bogotá, New York, and Washington where he currently resides, and since 2010 has exhibited his work in important art galleries such as:
– Christopher Paschall Gallery. Bogotá, Colombia
– Cristina Chacon Gallery. Miami, FL. USA
– Holiday Inn Hotel. Bogotá, Colombia
– Alonso Restrepo Gallery. Bogotá, Colombia
– Barcu Gallery. Bogotá, Colombia
– John F. Kennedy Perfomance. Washington, DC. USA
Special private exhibition:
– Ximena Penuela. Miami, FL. USA
– Isabella Santodomingo. Bogotá, Colombia
– Mafe Barbosa. Bogota, Colombia
More than 100 important paintings of large and medium size have been acquired in many countries as Colombia, Mexico, Japan and United States primarily. He has made exhibitions for many social foundation and donated works to contribute to raise funds and awareness such as the:
– Natalia Ponce de Leon Foundation. Bogotá, Colombia
– Techo Foundation. Panama.
– A La Rueda Rueda Foundation. Bogotá, Colombia.
– Maestro Cares Foundation – Marc Anthony. New York. NY. USA “Artwork donated to former president of the United States Bill Clinton as donor of Maestro Cares”
– Soldado de Colombia Foundation – Presidency of Colombia.